I’m based on the Bellarine Peninsula in Victoria, Australia. All mail should be sent to the postal address below:
PO Box 350
Portarlington Vic 3223
You won’t find a phone number listed here (at least for now — if it ever returns, it’ll be for a voicemail service, not live answering by me). You can read below for my reasons why. As you’ll discover, I prefer contact via email (or using the form here if you don’t have my email address).
Limited business contact hours (2016 and onwards):
- 1:30-4:00pm, Mondays to Thursdays (excluding public holidays).
Email is my preferred contact method. If you don’t already have my email address, the best way to contact me is via the contact form below, and to leave a message.
Communications Preferences and Habits
The information below is intended to assist you with expectations about my communication habits:
- I do not usually have my phone nearby and only use social media for family and friends. If you want to discuss something on the phone, your best option is to leave a message first via my contact form. Then, if appropriate, we can arrange a suitable time to talk. Ensure you include details in your message about your reason for the call.
- I will endeavour to get back to you within 2 to 3 working days, depending on my travel and schedule.
- My contact hours as shown above are deliberately limited to allow me to focus on projects and production work without the interruption of incoming calls/contact. These are my maximum potential contact hours: there may be times during these hours where I am not available. I usually plan my working days several days in advance, so may already have other commitments at these times.
- Please ensure any phone calls and messages are left in business hours only. My mobile phone is rarely – if ever — answered live, so please leave a message if you’d like a response. Incoming calls are are picked up by my voicemail. I don’t respond to hang-up calls. Please do not call after hours or weekends and public holidays.
- Unless otherwise arranged in advance, please allow 2-3 full business days for a response. While at times I respond to messages sooner, or occasionally outside of business hours, you should not expect a response except as above.
I don’t apologise for being difficult at times to contact: otherwise I’d be wasting far too much time on distractions. That’s unproductive for me and thus doesn’t allow me to serve you as best I can.
Personally I think too many of us let a ringing phone take precedence over what we might else be doing; or an out-of-hours incoming email demand an almost instant reply. Sure, sometimes it’s convenient to reply or respond straight away. But too often nowadays there’s an unrealistic expectation that we’re “always on” and available, with technology being with us 24/7. That’s not how I view technology: it CAN be convenient without being intrusive! Of course, if you don’t like my habits, that’s fine with me.
Appointments must be arranged in advance. Email first to arrange an appointment time. Please appreciate that due to work scheduling, you may have to wait several days. Priority is given to current projects and deadlines for existing clients. For client calls, I generally aim to make time for your appointment call within 24-48 hours (depending on travel and my schedule).
Alternatively, you can use the contact form below to send me a message. The same response times apply.